The Fearless Heart Teleseminars, with Miki KashtanOUT OF DATE PAGE. FOR THE CURRENT PAGE GO TO MIKI'S LATEST BLOGPOST AND CLICK THE TELESEMINAR LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
See below for registration information.
Please note: You can join our Maestro Conference calls from outside the US. Info here.
THIS WEEK'S BLOG POST:
THIS WEEK'S QUESTIONS for the August 6 Teleseminar 5:30 - 7:00 PST:
1. Think of a time when you have stretched into more authenticity than your habit.
a. What made it possible for you to make this choice? What can you learn from the inner and outer circumstances to inform your choices in the future?
b. Were you satisfied with the results? If so, how did your authenticity contribute to the results you saw? If not, what might you do differently another time?
c. How did you overcome the obstacles to making the choice? What can you do in the future to increase the chances of doing this again?
d. If you were not satisfied with the results, what happened? How did you recover from the discomfort? What can you do to metabolize it so that you can be ready for more experimentation in the future?
2. What have you tried that has enabled you to combine authenticity and care?
3. What are some relationships in which you are more authentic than in others? What makes that possible within you?
4. What else have you learned about authenticity that might enrich our discussion next Tuesday?
WHEN: Every Tuesday, 5:30 - 7:00 pm Pacific Time.
WHAT: Join Miki to talk about the latest post on her blog, The Fearless Heart. Each Tuesday call will discuss the blog post dated the previous Thursday or Friday.
FOR WHOM: This drop-in seminar is open to all.
HOW: There are THREE STEPS to participate:
1. PAY HERE. We request $30 each time: on the honor system, and also on a Gift Economy basis: see below for explanation, and other ways to pay.
2. REGISTER FOR AUGUST at the Maestro conference call site. You only need do this once per month, but for each new month, you will need to register again.
3. READ the current week's blog post and the discussion questions for it, which will be posted above at about the same time the blog post goes up every week.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This weekly course is based on closely following Miki's blog, The Fearless Heart, which blends theory, deep spiritual wisdom, vulnerable sharing of personal insights and experiences, radical vision, and practical tips for everyday living. Miki's interactive style of teaching focuses on the needs and interests of those who call in, whether they know her work well or are meeting it for the first time. When Miki is on a teaching tour, a trusted colleague may facilitate instead.
EACH SESSION of the telecourse is designed to include the following components:
• Support and coaching for participants in their own journey of living with a fearless heart
• Discussion of the ideas, questions, and sharing of insights
• Small group exploration (based on reflection questions provided ahead of time) of the significance of the ideas in people’s lives
• Practices and/or applications that participants can bring to their daily living
• Ideas for future topics for Miki to cover
RECORDINGS: All participants in a call will be emailed a link to the recording for that call. If you register and pay for a call but don't attend it, or pay for a past call (here, requested amount: $10), we will send you the recording link, but in addition to registering you will need to email us here requesting the link - we apologize that our system isn't able to alert us.
GIFT ECONOMY: We are aware that many of the people who are drawn to this work do not have access to financial resources. We want to make these seminars available to all who want them, and we also want to attend to our own needs for sustainability. So we are setting up registration on an honor system. You can join for free.
At the same time, we want you to know that $30 per participant on average is what would make it minimally sustainable for us. Knowing that many of those attending are likely to contribute a lot less, we ask that you contribute at least $30. If you are able to do so, please contribute more, even much more, to support us and those who are unable to do so. This is part of the vision of creating a world that works for all.
OTHER WAYS TO PAY: You can also mail a check, made payable to BayNVC, to
55 Santa Clara Avenue #203, Oakland, CA 94610.
Please write "Fearless Heart Teleseminars" in the memo line.
Or you can pay by credit card here. Please write "Fearless Heart Teleseminars" in the comment box.
CONTACT: Email us here
MIKI KASHTAN, certified NVC trainer, is a founder of Bay Area Nonviolent Communication and the North America Leadership Program. She is inspired by the role of visionary leadership in shaping a livable future, and works toward that vision by sharing the principles and practices of Nonviolent Communication through mediation, meeting facilitation, consulting, and training for organizations and for committed individuals. Miki blogs at the Fearless Heart. Her articles have appeared in Tikkun magazine, Waging Nonviolence, Shareable, and elsewhere.