Requests from the Heart: Practical Empathy
If you attended September's telesummit, would you like to reconnect with that sense of excitement, community, and learning that you shared with hundreds of people around the world?
If you missed the September Telesummit, but want to experience the spark of global community forged by shared learning and compassion, join us!
BayNVC is thrilled to offer a new telesummit on Requests from the Heart: Practical Empathy. Participate in weekday calls with twenty trainers and teachers of Nonviolent Communication. Registration also includes access to recordings of all twenty calls!
Times: Monday through Friday, 12pm-1:30pm PST, from November 5 through November 30.
Tentative Schedule of Presenters and Topics* Week 1 (Nov. 5-9)
- Mon: Mair Alight Making Empathic Requests that Support Connection: Are Everyone's Needs Identified & Receiving Attention?
- Tues: Meganwind Eoyang What is your heart's delight - REALLY?
- Weds: Suzanne Jones Requesting to Myself to Stay Fully in my Heart when Empathizing
- Thurs: Miki Kashtan Using Requests to Enhance Dialogue
- Fri: Scott Grace Empathy for the Soul
Week 2 (Nov. 12-16)
Week 3 (Nov. 19-23)
- Mon: Bob Wentworth When Its Not Safe to Know What You Want
- Tues: Tod Kington Walking out of Darkness: An unfolding story of hope and deep NVC integration
- Weds: Pan Vera What Keeps Us From Making Requests?
- Thurs: Selene Aitken Connecting with our adult sons and daughters: Empathy, wisdom and practices.
- Fri: Paul Johnston Practicing NVC in the Now
Week 4 (Nov. 26-30)
- Mon: Mitsiko Miller Parenting: Keep Your Peace in Challenging Moments
- Tues: Kate Raffin My Dad's Wisdom: "To Not Ask Is as Good as a NO."
- Weds: Jean McElhaney Requests Can Open the Door to New Possibilities!
- Thurs: Aya Caspi The Magic of "Wanting Fully Without Attachment." (After the article by Miki Kashtan.)
- Fri: Godfrey Spencer Transforming Obligation into Choice.
- Mon: Pamela Beck & Thomas Meli - The Challenge of Shifting from Habitual Reactivity towards Choiceful Requests.
- Tues: Meagan Fischer Integrating Modalities: EFT as Guided Self-Empathy
- Weds: Lisa Montana Topic TBA
- Thurs: Carol Chase How to be a Lover when you really want to be a Hater - how the power of Empathy can turn the tide when it seems impossible to even imagine wanting to be compassionate.
- Fri: Susan Strasburger Deep Listening: Diving Beneath the (Sometimes Turbulent) Surface to Reconnect with Ourselves and Others
* please, don't wait to register -- do it now!
Cost: This is a continuing effort to financially support BayNVC. Requested contribution: $60 (includes recordings of all twenty calls).
If you are living in the Global South or your financial circumstances preclude your participation at the $60 level, please email Sharon so that you can be included in this event.
Note: If you do not have free long-distance phone service or are calling from outside the US, we can provide you with a Skype number or with call in numbers for several other countries. For this or other questions, email Sharon and please put Telesummit in your subject line.
Read detailed descriptions of the presentations here and biographies of the presenters here!